Cancer is not something anyone should face alone. If you haven’t already done so, you may want to select someone to walk this healing journey with you. This isn’t just for emotional support; your advocate will play a practical role in improving your health. Keep in mind this may not necessarily be your spouse or best friend (of course, they will have their own parts to play).
1) is someone whose judgment, strength, and straight-forward honesty you can count on.
They won’t hide their own truth from you.
They’ll honor and support your decisions, even when they disagree.
2) accompanies you to key appointments and meetings
– to provide a second set of ears;
– to ask questions you may not think to ask;
– to take notes
3) advocates on your behalf when you’re feeling worn down, angry, or frightened