Here’s a short list of ideas for when you are newly diagnosed, or find yourself at an important crossroads:
1) Take a deep breath. Acknowledge any overwhelming emotion, then let it go. This may be easier said than done, but time is on your side. If you’re feeling uncertain, desperate, or fearful, please postpone any major decisions until you feel ready. Cancer often takes years to develop. Give yourself time.
2) Eliminate processed carbs and sugars from your meals. This may be best single dietary change you can make for several reasons. Learn why.
3) Choose an advocate. What is an advocate?
4) Try a coaching session. More info.
5) Take these printable questions to your next oncology appointment. You can use them to start important conversations with your doctor.